SmallRock Designs Plastic Wall Raised Beds Project
The goal of this project was to provide a "few" comfortable long lifespan Raised Beds. See Raised Beds 101 for the background and research.
Note: Because all the pictures of the project are rather large, Thumb nails are shown which link to the "real" pictures.
Note: Our lot was 77' x 100' with NO access to the backyard for anything wider than 36"s. This meant that all materials transferred to the backyard must be moved by hand or wheelbarrow!
- 72 - SmallRock Designs Wall Units.
- 13 - 50' x 3' Water Permiable Weed Block
- 36' - 4' wide Chicken Wire
- 2 yards - Planting Mix
- 4 yards - 1.5" Drain Gravel
- Couple Hundred - Round Ended Pavers
- 3 yards - Course Bark
- 40' - String
- A really good wheelbarrow, preferably the two wheel kind. And 2 or 3 would have been better.
- Sod Spade
- Small Sledge Hammer
- Level, and
- A Good Truck
- Someplace to take Yard Waste, mostly Sod
- Labor, Kristen & I, and for the really heavy portions, thank goodness for our friend Scott Smith! (3 men would have made the project much easier, and 5 men, 2 wheelbarrows, and 2 trucks could have done the whole project in two days)
- SmallRock Designs
- Pacific Top Soil - for both: yard waste & 1.5" Drain Gravel
- Equipment rental - for Sod Cutter
- Carpinito Brothers - for Course Bark
- Home Depot - for everything else
We started off removing about 1000 square feet of lawn...
Sorry - Still Under Construction
Back to Top